Welcome to The Nest Eclectic

The Nest Eclectic

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Little Spring and McCarty Pottery




 I am finally doing a little Spring decorating and I wanted to share one of my favorite pottery pieces with you. My bowl with the bashful bunny lid.


 I few years ago I traveled with my husband on business to Mississippi.  A couple we know there took us to a wonderful little pottery shop in the tiny town of Marigold, Mississippi. It is owned by  Lee and Pup McCarty, a couple that started the shop back in 1954, unfortunately Pup passed away in 2009. It is a small shop that is housed in an unglamorous barn like building, but they have some amazing pottery. Their work has won many awards and been displayed in galleries around the world. It is like a hidden jewel!  When we were there I fell in love with the bunny bowl and he came home with me.


Most pieces of McCarty pottery have a black wavy line somewhere on the piece that represents the Mississippi river.


Many of their pieces depict animals, bunnies, birds, and frogs are favorites.


I think he is just the sweetest little guy!


I also thought I would share a couple of  recent GW finds.


I found a box of beautiful eggs.

\

I love the combination of colors with the soft turquoise.


I also found this bird candle holder that makes the perfect perch for one of my nests.


Looks like the birds are guarding their eggs.


It feels good to finally welcome Spring!


Jodie

I am joining in at
Show and Tell Friday at Cindy's My Romantic Home
Flaunt it Friday at Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>Chic on a Shoestring Decoratinglink up every friday!French Country Cottage

8 comments:

  1. As a Mississipian, I am thrilled that other people enjoy one of the treasures of our state. I have always loved and collected McCarty pottery. Your eggs are perfect to go with this piece with their touch of turquoise. I browsed back through your blog and enjoyed it. I am now following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your nest decor and the sweet little pottery piece~ I have not seen those pieces before- how charming! Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bashful bunny is too cute! And I love the eggs - so pretty. YOu are definitely all geared up for Easter. Have a lovely week. x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty bunny pottery and I love the eggs! Thanks for linking Flaunt it Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jodie, that is an adorable piece of pottery. I like the eggs also.. it will be hard to put away eggs for me and mine are not as pretty as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pottery is wonderful! And the eggs are so classy.
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. You shared such a very beautiful box of beautiful eggs. It is so colourful and best for easter egg also.
    promosyon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jody- I just gave you the "liebster award" visit my blog & grab your award! cheers! nancy elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I would love to hear from you.