Welcome to The Nest Eclectic

The Nest Eclectic

Friday, June 22, 2012

Master Bedroom Makeover One Plan Two Looks


The ceiling is textured and the room and trim are painted, now it's time to move on the the fun part, decorating!
As I mentioned in my  previous post, my plan for the room is to use neutrals for the walls and comforter so I can have two totally different looks by changing out the pillows, curtains and bedskirt for the winter and summer seasons.
For the walls I chose paint in Ralph Lauren's Kauai Jungle
and
Pottery Barn's velvet linen windowpane comforter for the bed.
I plan on sewing the rest of the bedding and curtains



 Here are the fabrics I chose for my summer look. Colors from a room featured in the Pottery Barn catolog were my inspiration. I chose a blue gray velvet for the Euro shams, drop cloth for the bedskirt and curtains, and found a fun, modern print for an accent pillow.


         I fell in love with this horse canvas from Home Goods.
He will be perfect for both looks.


Here are the fabrics for the Fall and Winter look.
I made the paisly pillow awhile back and have always loved the colors. It was my inspiration for choosing the warm color palate. I am wanting a cozy Ralph Lauren look for winter.


I found a mixture of patterns and textures that should work well with the comforter.
The sample in the middle is actually vinyl that is a leather look alike.


Well, that's the plan. I will share more as the room progresses
Thanks for stopping by

Jodie

1 comment:

  1. I have seen the updates in person and they are fabulous. Typical Jodie faire. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I would love to hear from you.